People wonder if while staying at a vacation rental home they will not be enjoying the holidays because they also have to cook. Cooking does not have to be complicated when travelling, there are plenty of options that work well for a group of travellers, are affordable, healthy and tasty.
Among the popular options are:
– Light breakfasts: cereals, fruits, eggs and toast. If you are travelling with kids, ensure to shop for the basics and you will get to sleep in most of the time while on vacations. Remember you are on holidays! Do not get too stressed if they only want to eat cereal.
– Make pasta: cook enough and leave it ready to combine with different sauces, meats and veggies. If you want to do only one meal at the vacation rental home, this is the way to go. Easy to cook, easy to serve, almost everyone likes it and it can be a balanced meal if using the right ingredients.
– Meat & Veggie soups: healthy, easy to cook and enough for everyone. Cook once and make it last two servings.
– Barbeque: If you can get a rental home with a BBQ, that is a great option. BBQs usually turn into a party, most gentlemen love to get involved and the cleaning is easy. Almost everything can be grilled and a salad makes the perfect side.
– Use the oven: Hang out drinking a glass of wine or a cold beer while the oven is doing the cooking for you
When it comes down to cleaning up, it really helps if the group takes turns or at least everyone helps out to wash their own plate and cutlery. There are also several advantages to cook while staying at a rental home in Playa del Carmen.
And why not? Order take out once in a while. Take out is usually less expensive than sitting in a restaurant.